RE: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!

Subject: RE: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 07:34:41 -0800
->>>big snip <<<<

Also... Just because a person is a "Pro" doesn't mean that they REALLY know
what they are doing  or that are even trying very hard. To some "Pros",
weddings are just a reliable way to make cash. Payment is virtually
guaranteed, the client has limited options to request a re-shoot and there
is usually free food and drink to boot!

Ahhh yes, the pro....

The first time we shoot a wedding for pay we are a "pro" even though we have
no experience at what we are currently doing. Professionals are subjected to
many influences that inhibit excellence and creativity. These might include
such things as time constraints, customer desires, and the general need to
get an adequate image the first time. Many photo competitions are won by
amateurs that are not necessarily subject to those constraints. The pro has
the advantage in knowing some history of what works and what doesn't in a
specialty area such as weddings but they still may not always get better
images. The really sad part is that many professional wedding photographers
really don't give a damn about quality. /jim

Another corruption of English. Originally professional just meant something done for money(NOT a description of quality) and amateur meant something done for the love of it by an enthusiast.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California