[OM] Unintentional Beattie Fang?

Subject: [OM] Unintentional Beattie Fang?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:10:36 -0800
I picked up a worn looking, but generally sound, black OM-1 for $90, including shipping. Going over it to find the shutter, curtains, meter, prism all seem ok, I noticed that the focus screen is different. The tab is the full thickness of the screen and has no number on it. The edge of tab and screen look machine cut. It's plain matte with a ~4.5mm circle in the middle. I've heard of Beattie screens. Are they the only ones other than OEM Oly? Is that what this sounds like to you Zuiks?

Moose