RE: [OM] Xtreme photos

Subject: RE: [OM] Xtreme photos
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:50:07 +1100
> James N. McBride [mailto:jnmcbr@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> I've been wondering if any of our members from Oz have been
> getting pictures of the fires.

Not I, as I live in the city (virtually) and they've
been frowning on sticky-beaks getting in the way.

However, a couple of the newspapers have photos:

http://www.newspix.com.au
(there's a "bushfires" link on the left)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/specials/local/bushfire/index.html
(This link might wrap - just cut and paste. There's several
links here, and you can get too some pictures. The "Sydney
under smoke" is a pretty good link.

> I was tempted to go to Yellowstone when it was on fire but
> resisted the urge.

I understand the feeling. The Royal National Park is only
about half an hour to the south, but, well, authorities are
pretty explicit in their wanting people to keep out of the
way which is fair enough.

If we're still under smoke tomorrow (we've had rain
threatening, with occasional drops, but it could just be
coastal unfortunately), I might spend the day out
photodocumenting the city and harbour, if only for my own
sake.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Ox