Re: [OM] OM mount Teleconverter quality......

Subject: Re: [OM] OM mount Teleconverter quality......
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:51:50 -0700
At 07:09 PM 30/12/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Thanks Garth - looking forward to trying one out
>

>And what about "3X" teleconverters?  I've seen one lately on a well know
>auction site, but had heard that they were optically terrible.  Any
>experiences?

Never even seen one.  The Vivitar Macro Focusing Teleconverter is a fine 2X,
and of course the Oly 1.4X has a fabulous rep, but I know nothing of 3X teles.
I imagine that, with sufficient design savvy, you could build a good one, but
I'm betting it would be optically somewhat complex and quite expensive, and
since it would have lots of elements, it would need to be multi-coated.

Garth

P.S.: I'll try to mail the converter out tomorrow -- although being New Year's
Eve, I doubt I'll be able to do so until Jan. 2nd.