Re: Fwd: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:34:26 -0500
Yep. What date is 01/02/03?

I have my dates setup as 2001/Jan/04 in Windoze, & use that elsewhere too.

Happy New Year, all.

tOM

On Saturday, December 29, 2001 at 22:13, Giles <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Fwd: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and s" saying:

> From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )
> Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:55:47 -0500
>

> Brian Swale wrote:
>
> >  Hi Fellow Zuiks,
> <snip>
> >  What was news to me is what Mickey has just pointed out - that BOTH
> >  systems are in use in the USA, depending on whether you are an ordinary
> >  citizen, or a Government writer. In this situation, how can you be sure
> >  which is intended except for looking for illogicalities, such as month
> >  28.
>
> I wrote earlier:
>
> >  > An
> >  > exception to the date convention is in the US military, government and
> some
> >  > local governments will express the date as Day/Month/Year, where the
> Month is
> >  > expressed as the word (11 November 2001).
>
> It's actually pretty clear since in this format the month is spelled out, as
> I mentioned.
>
> I really don't care how any nation/continent chooses to to express the date.
> I don't even choose to burn it in my film. Hence, I no longer have the data
> back. I was just refering to your question about what happened on 9/11 which
> we consider September 11 as opposed to November 9. Perhaps I just took the
> bait?
>
> At any rate, have a happy 20020101, or 1/1/2002, or 1/1/2002 (see the
> difference?) or 01/01/02 or 1 January 2002, or January 2, 2002, or whatever
> you want to call it, and be safe.
>
> Mickey

------------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-
photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115    N45.412
W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980