Fwd: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )

Subject: Fwd: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:13:54 +0000

From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Date format and similar stuff ( O T )
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:55:47 -0500

Brian Swale wrote:

 Hi Fellow Zuiks,
<snip>
 What was news to me is what Mickey has just pointed out - that BOTH
 systems are in use in the USA, depending on whether you are an ordinary
 citizen, or a Government writer. In this situation, how can you be sure which
 is intended except for looking for illogicalities, such as month 28.

I wrote earlier:

 > An
 > exception to the date convention is in the US military, government and
some
 > local governments will express the date as Day/Month/Year, where the
Month is
 > expressed as the word (11 November 2001).

It's actually pretty clear since in this format the month is spelled out, as
I mentioned.

I really don't care how any nation/continent chooses to to express the date.
I don't even choose to burn it in my film. Hence, I no longer have the data
back. I was just refering to your question about what happened on 9/11 which
we consider September 11 as opposed to November 9. Perhaps I just took the
bait?

At any rate, have a happy 20020101, or 1/1/2002, or 1/1/2002 (see the
difference?) or 01/01/02 or 1 January 2002, or January 2, 2002, or whatever
you want to call it, and be safe.

Mickey