Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB (hnz's response)

Subject: Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB (hnz's response)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:44:54 +0000
Cc: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes John, mine is the same - it won't stop winding unless there is film on the take-up spool. Opening the back requires a positive effort... which is a Good Thing ;-).

This is a risky business: talking MF on a make-specific 35mm List!

Back to OM: I have just processed my first colour film and it worked.  Hurrah!

I am not sure that it was worth the hassle for 35mm, but it is for MF since processors charge so much for process and small print a 120 film.

Now to try the colour printing business...

Chris

I was just thinking about my M645 and how it doesn't work without film being transported by the winder! Realizing your Bronica is a RF and that its transport may be a little different, the film still goes in only one direction from supply to takeup spool.

The winding crank on mine (all MF SLR's ??) won't stop turning or completely cock the shutter without film in the insert that's being pulled through by the takeup spool (unless the multiple exposure switch is "on"). The frame counter won't advance without film, period. Wondering if the MF RF's behave the same way??

About the only things I could screw up are inadvertently having the multiple exposure switch in the wrong position or opening the back in mid-roll. One could have the multiple exposure switch thrown and forget to load film, but the lack of resistance on the winding crank would be obvious and the frame counter would stay on "S". There are a few errors that are all but impossible and some others would have to be nearly deliberate compared to 35mm film cartridges in a manual wind body. About the only one in common aside from opening the back with film inside is forgetting to set the film speed dial.

-- John

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker