Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB

Subject: Re: [OM] DUMB,DUMB,DUMB
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:06:48 -0800
I do much the same. I can often be seen 'rewinding' the knob, even in the
middle of a photo shoot. I do it pretty much anytime I pick up a different
camera body. I am always checking things, film, flash connections, power
switches, battery life. I am even more meticulous about my loading & unloading
procedures. I never open a camera back until I KNOW if there is film in there
and whether it is rewound or not. Each film canister is labeled with a sharpie
upon removal, w/date and subject and any push/pull information.

Maybe it's my climbing background, but I have a 'setup' routine I go through
both in climbing and in photography. I don't talk or even really acknowledge
anyone while doing it, my concentration is fully on the task! It's one thing to
blow a camera load, not properly tying your harness can really ruin your day,
or life!

Jim Couch