Re: [OM] OT - Digital P&S decision -- I'll be driven from the group

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Digital P&S decision -- I'll be driven from the group
From: allan <allan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:15:47 -0500
I've had a C-3030 for over a year. I will not buy another digital camera of
any brand that requires you to purchase an expensive proprietary flash unit.
My flash needs can be fulfilled by bouncing a small flash unit into an
umbrella. To do that with my Olympus C-3030, I would need to buy a $300.00
flash unit and a $60.00 cable. I find that unacceptable. When I need to
upgrade my camera, it will be to a unit that takes common flash units, or at
very least, offers a number of different flash solutions.

Allan