RE: [OM] Digital Exposure in an Analog World

Subject: RE: [OM] Digital Exposure in an Analog World
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:09:41 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken N

>>>The OM series could very well be the prototype of future
>>>cameras.

>>>We can dream, can't we?

Ken;

What a read.  There's a lot to what you say.  Remember how, for a time,
vinyl all but disappeared from the face of the earth after the advent of the
compact disc???  I can remember bins of vinyl, just about being given away
by a local store (Tower records, if you're interested), and CDs took over
the store.

Nowadays, the extremely high end recordings are appearing on vinyl once
again.  And the prices... $25 or better for a high quality pressing.  Yikes.

I'm happy to 'dabble' in digital (more for the convenience it provides in
many circumstances), and relish in and enjoy my collection of OM.  It's like
having a collection of Shelby Cobras around that I can routinely drive
without destroying their value.

Jim