[OM] [OT]Outlook question for you computer gurus

Subject: [OM] [OT]Outlook question for you computer gurus
From: Acer/Siddiq <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:09:32 -0800
First, no i'm not using Outlook (I use Opera's built in client, based on
Eudora--MS bashers take note, even
this proggie based on Eudora managed to contract a virus and trashed my mail
last week, but tha's another
story). Second, I'm aware of the MS O gullibilities, so let's not start a
"ditch Outlook" thread? or
Mac/Win/Unix/etc. Now that is out of the way, so let's proceed:

I've got a home network set up, and it used to be that both server and client
had Netscape Messenger as
the mail handling program. But that meant double copies of each msg received
(mail comes to Yahoo, and
then Messenger (on both computers) downloads said emails).

I know Outlook is popular among the business/corporate set, and they have to
have a way to handle mail
from multiple computers (or something).

Here's what I want to do: make Outlook the mail handling program (and that
would integrate nicely with the
address books), BUT since both computers have a copy of Outlook, can i set up
the desktop as a
"server" so that all incoming mail get to the desktop, and then i can access
the same one copy of all
messages from either laptop or desktop?

i hope i made sense, if not, i'll try elaborate some more. Please write me
OFFlist waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mailto:waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&Subject=Outlook

thanks, and good holiday cheer to all!

/A/S