Re: [OM] Flash Combos

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash Combos
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:44:31 EST
Small and light: T20 in the hot shoe (either camera). I find the flash
extender is useful with the T20.

Maximum flexibility: T32 in the BG2 on the OM-4. The T32 doesn't really come
into it's own until it's mounted in the bounce grip. Make sure you have the
M. Grip cord. Unfortunately I've found that when mounted on an OM-1 with a
winder the PC cord in the base of the BG2 isn't long enough. A PC extention
cord is an option. A more expensive and elegant solution would be a TTL
Connector 3 and cut off the extra pin (this would be for an OM-1, not an
OM-1n which takes the TTL Connector 4).

I think the F280 is a little redundant. It isn't as powerful as the T32.
Doesn't bounce. Has limited accessories (the zoom head, color filters. and
wide/ND filter set are both useful and a lot of fun with the T32). The F280
is not very flexible with the OM-1 because it doesn't have a normal auto
setting (only manual flash available with the OM-1). It might be useful in
the hot shoe on the OM-4, since it gets up higher and is probably less prone
to redeye than the T20 or T32.

Hope this helps a little.

Paul Schings