Re: [OM] OM3, manual exposure, shutter speed in display etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3, manual exposure, shutter speed in display etc.
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:53:12 -0500
I suppose they could display how many stops down from the max, but not the
absolute f/stop. I wonder what the max range is? 8 1/2 stops? (1.2-16)

Tom

On Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 23:39, Richard F. Man
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] OM3, manual exposure, shut" saying:

> Oh right, the 4T does not display the aperture. Duh....
>
> At 07:06 AM 12/16/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >Richard the camera does not "know" the aperture to display it.  The OM2SP
> >only controls the aperture by stopping down from what is set. With that
> >camera you normally set it to the minimum aperture so that the Programme
> >mode has the full range of apertures available to use, but a clever part of
> >it is that it will work from whatever is set.
> >
> >Chris
> >
> >At 17:23 -0800 15/12/01, Richard F. Man wrote:
> >>It just dawns on me that the OM-3 is a manual exposure camera. I mean, I
> >>was just assuming it is an OM-4 with a mechanical shutter.
> >>
> >>Oh...
> >>
> >>I have always just use the auto-exposure/spot mode on the 4T. So for fun,
> >>I switched it to the manual mode.
> >>
> >>Hmm.... the shutter speed shows up (but not the aperature!)! I thought
> >>this is one of the oft-requested features of the OM-4! So if there are
> >>enough space on the display, the OM-4 *could* display both the shutter
> >>speed and the aperture?

------------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-
photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115    N45.412
W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980