Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 macro on ebay for $150

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 macro on ebay for $150
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:15:49 -0800
Oops, you're right. Must have dropped a couple of marbles. I can say it works very well with the #01F 2X (at least that's the number on both of mine). I don't have an 18F extension tube. I did send a partial answer on the vignetting question to Dean Hansen, but guess it went directly to him, rather than the list:

First, there are two versions of this lens. There are 3 listing for it on eBay at the moment. The first 2 are for the one I have, model 52B, The third is different and pretty beat up looking. I assume mine is the newer version, but am not sure.

I had not tried mine with extension tubes. I put on an Oly manual 25mm and a Vivitar 36mm auto tube. I couldn't see any vignetting in the viewfinder on either one. I did notice a big difference in the clear opening. The 25mm Oly manual is just a huge, open tube, my 7mm Oly auto still has a large opening. The Vivitars all have a much smaller clear opening.

andrew fildes wrote:

Lovely lens, I've done both copy work and pics of insects, flowers, etc.
This lens and the Tamron dedicated (it connects to the lens where the
adaptall would go and the adaptall goes on the back of it.) SP 2x
telexetender are designed to work together to take it down to 1:1.

Moose

No - the 1:1 extension tube is not the same as the 2X teleconvertor,
although both work with the lens.
Extention tube = #18F
Teleconverter = #10F

AndrewF