[OM] Turning OM-4s off to save the battery -- update

Subject: [OM] Turning OM-4s off to save the battery -- update
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 15:30:52 -0500
>My OM-4 eats batteries a bit more slowly than that, but still it's a nuisance.
> I use SR44s, but put the bottom cell in backwards (so the two cells are
>node-to-nose, with plus ends outward) when the camera won't be used for a
>while.

I forgot to mention one thing.  The plus ends of the two batteries must be
outward to prevent the battery-well screwcap (made of metal) from shorting the
topmost battery.  This is why it's the bottom cell that's put in backwards,
even though reversing the top cell would seem more convenient.

Joe Gwinn