[OM] Zuiko 90mm f2 and 80mm f4 comparison images

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 90mm f2 and 80mm f4 comparison images
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:42:10 +0000
Here are two images taken with a 90mm f2 macro and a 80mm f4 macro - the later auto version.

http://homepage.mac.com/cnocbui/PhotoAlbum1.html

Some droplets evaporated between shots and the lighting changed a bit due to cloud movement. Each lens was set to f5.6 and for a 1:2 reproduction ratio, or as near as I could manage.

The top image was taken with the 90/2. To the right are magnified sections of the right hand portion of the original images for the resolution conscious.

The images were scanned from negs using a Polaroid SS4000

I think one can clearly see that there is a difference in the bokeh of each image - the 90/2 macro has a 9 blade diaphragm while the 80/4 has 6 blades.

Giles