[OM] OM macro systems

Subject: [OM] OM macro systems
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:46:04 EST
Cc: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Joel wrote:

There is nothing like the 135/4.  The 90/2 is available to go head to head
with the 80/4.  Giles Stewart once posted photos of the same scene shot
with 80 and 90.  The 90/2 version looked positively three-dimensional in
comparison to the 80/4.  I noted that Giles offered up his 80/4 for sale
shortly thereafter.  So I wouldn't be as interested in the 80 if I could
have the 90.

Whereas there is nothing like the 135/4, so that's what I'd like to have
between the two.
<<
Another little known option that can often be bought inxexpensively (used) is
the Novoflex 105mm F4 or even the 60mm F4 macro lenses. There are many mount
variations and vintages particularly of the 105mm lens. Originally for use on
a Novoflex bellows they were also made in OM mount for use on a Novoflex or
Olympus auto bellows. See for example " Novoflex Objektiv für Olympus! Item #
1300849219 " an 60mm OM version that sold last week on ebay for $48 US. The
older preset versions with a 39mm screw mount leica/enlarger thread are often
particularly well priced. If you have a very early follow focus Novoflex lens
then it will take the 39mm screw lens directly allowing >> 1:1
magnifications.  Often even regular old Novoflex bellows can be adapted
rather easily to a variety of cameras using Novoflex flanges that are still
aparently available or cheaply by do it yourself mount adapters. OM T mounts
and 39mm screw flanges for enlargers are readily available and can be tapped
to mount on the bellows. The nice feature of the Novoflex bellows is that
they are robust and very compact so are easy to add to your camera bag.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes