[OM] step up adapter question

Subject: [OM] step up adapter question
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:37:41 -0800
So today I ventured out into the madness that is the I-5 corridor
through W. Washinton on my bi-monthly visit to Costco. Anyway I had time
for a quick stop at the local camera store and found a graduated ND
filter that I'd been thinking about getting. As soon as I got it out of
the box i could see that it would vignette on the 21/3.5 as it was at
least as fat as a polarizer. So now I'm thinking I'll have to order a
bigger one and a step up ring. An obvious choice would be either a 55mm
or a 72mm. The 49-72 could double as a lens hood but is more bucks for
the filter. 49-55 might not be enough and still vignette. I've got to
mail order so can't try them on first. What say ye?

mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West