Re: [OM] RE: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:13:36 -0600
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 04:56:33PM -0500, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:
> scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > Are the E-10's manual controls "camera controls" such as dials and buttons
> >  or is another non-ergonomic (in my opinion) menu-driven sort of control? I
> >  don't know about the rest of you, but I find it damned hard to compose and
> >  think about a shot when every "manual adjustment" requires clicking my way
> >  through yet another menu series.

I didn't see this one the first time through...

The E-10's primary (most-used) controls are a combination of holding a
button and turning either of two command dials. The results of doing so are
reported in the viewfinder (for most of them) and on the top-panel LCD.
In any exposure mode but program, turning the command dials themselves
adjusts the user-settable exposure parameter (one to each of aperture and
shutter speed in manual mode).

Some adjustments are menu-driven, but they're ones that you tend to set once
and leave.

> One reason the OM-2n is so "user friendly".  I like the capabilities of the
> OM-2S, but I feel JOY looking in the OM-2n viewfinder!

The E-10's viewfinder display would probably disappoint you, then.