Re: [OM] Intro

Subject: Re: [OM] Intro
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:51:00 +0000
tai limtai lim tan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to the list.
> I am now the proud owner of a mint OM2SP ...without any lens!
>
> Which is the most highly sought after/popular prime lenses from wide,standard
> to tele?

Welcome to the list!

Group consensus seems to be that ALL zuiko lenses are highly desirable,
no matter what the cost in terms of time and money.  But some are
perhaps more desired than others.  The 21/2, 50/2 and 90/2 often seem to
be particularly raved about, but sadly I don't own any of them.
Personally my favourite lens is my Tokina 28/2.8 (heresy!).

> Also,is it true that the zooms that have variable aperture should be avoided
> totally?

No doubt more informed voices will speak, but I wouldn't say so.  Fixed
aperture may well be better quality ultimately, but variable aperture
zooms are by no means disgraced in comparison.

Roger