Re: [OM] Fungus on Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Fungus on Lenses
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:44:36 +1100
That's the spider web types. There are also some that manifest as hazy
spots - white or yellowish. I believe someone identified 16 different
species in lenses. Spores are present in new in box lenses - so pervasive
are they in our environment.
The only long term treatment - use the lenses. The more light they get
through them, the less spore germination is possible. Or train the dust
mites to graze on them.
AndrewF