[OM] colors, MD caps

Subject: [OM] colors, MD caps
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:49:44 -0600
>From Ken Norton:
"What is most unusual about this is that you will notice the
additional colors in the 100/2.8  This particular sample has
four distinct colors to it. "
When we were checking our own lenses for colors, I noticed this phenomenon,
and commented about it to the person, now forgotten, that was making up the
list. If you look either carefully or under the right light, you will see
different colors at different levels. I think this indicates that different
coatings are used on different elements. Anyone care to comment?

On the subject of the early MD1. The large button is the best feature of
this old friend. I even contacted Oly once asking to have it fitted to my
newer MD1, but they declined. For me, the motor is used almost exclusively
in hand held situations, so the fat button is ideal. I even offered once to
trade my newer MD for an older one, but no one took me up on the offer,
which convinced me that, for once, the cheese doesn't stand alone.

The drawback is the lack of storage space for the cap. It looks to me like
the top plate from the early and late MD1's could be swapped, assuming the
newer top plates are available as parts. Would John or Clint care to
comment. I'm sure many of us would like to have this modification made,
probably as part of a CLA.

Oh, and welcome back Joel. Any cleaning advice you may need, as a result of
your absence, will be forthcoming.

Bill Pearce