RE: [OM] The SC MC Debate again

Subject: RE: [OM] The SC MC Debate again
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:33:20 -0800 (PST)
>> AG-Schnozz
>> V 06415.17
>> H 04201.10
>> NWTNIA0A015

> Alright, we need another hint.  Does this have to do w/ your
> location?

Yes.

> Well, don't shoot the messenger if the message is incorrect,
> but from
> another list member I have heard that the 50/3.5 was always
> MC, despite the
> fact that this is not explicitely mentioned in the
> documentation... Are you
> sure your's is SC?

I don't have a single lens that doesn't have a highly reflective
surface around the lens.  AKA Chrome.  If this lens is a MC, I
haven't noticed any stray MC colors reflecting back at me when I
look at it, nor is it particularily good at preventing flare.
It's the flariest (?) lens I have.  Even the 24/2.8 is better.

Speaking of the 24/2.8... On vacation I was emptying my jacket
pockets after a hike when I dropped the 24/2.8 on the ground.
Well, it bounced off my foot and rolled over 20 feet across the
pavement.  This thing has been buried in sand, slammed to the
floor in an airport terminal, banged against bicycle handlebars
and now sent rolling across a parking lot.  It still works as
well as it did when I acquired it over ten years ago.  Can't
screw a filter on it though and I've lost more than a couple
caps...

Where in the world is AG-Schnozzdiago?

V 06415.17
H 04201.10