Re: [OM] Using the 65-116 auto extension tube with other lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using the 65-116 auto extension tube with other lenses
From: "Dean C. Hansen" <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:20:41 -0600
Mark Lloyd asked:

    "Is it possible to use the 65-116 with normal
lenses/body mounted macro lenses. I have some of the
1:2 life size Zuikos and a vivitar macro
teleconverter, and the pics I have gotten back have
come out very nicely, but I wanted more magnification
power and so I got a tube from a listmember. ....."

Hi Mark,
    I use both the telescopic auto tube and the bellows, plus the 20,
38, 50, and 80 OM macro lenses, and I really love that auto extension
tube.  It is far more convenient to use than the bellows, which is
heavy, cumbersome, and needs a double cable release.  I use the auto
extension tube inside with the macro lenses, and I also use it outside
with a 60-300 Tamron (with two T38's and a monopod) to photograph
butterflies, dragonflies, etc.  Yes, it works fine with both the special
macro lenses as well as with ones "normal" lenses.  You've picked up a
very nice piece of OM equipment.
Dean

__