[OM] OT: Camedia panorama mode / card compatibility

Subject: [OM] OT: Camedia panorama mode / card compatibility
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:57:58 EST
I know this is OT for the OM list, but I gave fair warning in the header. ;-)

I bought the C-2100 that I asked for recs about a couple of weeks ago. I see
that the manual says that only Oly SM cards will support panorama mode.
There's an auction on our favorite site for Mr. Flash cards that have had the
panorama mode "activated," according to the listing. Does anyone know how to
"activate" panorama on off-brand cards? If the card is reformatted in the
camera, will it then support panoramas? I've just received two 64 meg Mr.
Flash cards and the PC card adapter today, and sure would like to have the
option of panoramas on the larger cards.

TIA,
Greg