Re: [OM] Tripod collar

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod collar
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:36:02 -0800
Even with a good tripod, you will get better balance with any long lens,
particularly when coupled with a convertor or extension tube if you have
the
camera//lens combo mounted close to it's center of gravity. with short
lenses,
the camera body has enough weight that the center of gravity is located
in the
camera, but as the lenses get longer and bigger this changes, hence the
need for
a tripod collar. when you have a lot of lens sticking out there even a
big
tripod becomes less stable. One of the reasons I prefer the 65-116 auto
extension tube to a standard set of tubes is the addition of a tripod
collar.

Jim Couch