Re: [OM] Fuji NPS - not too shabby

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji NPS - not too shabby
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:22:45 +0100
Thanks for sharing. I've been loking for the NPS here, but haven't
found it yet. Does it balance slightly to the red side? Or is that
the scanner (or my shabby screen)?

Henrik Dahl

Left the office a little early today and stopped off to pick up
the prints of the first roll of Fuji NPS I have shot.  I am
impressed.  Fuji touts it as a portrait film, but I?m seriously
considering using it as my all-purpose print film.  I mostly shoot
transparencies, partly because I haven?t found a print film that
suits me, but this one is close.  The contrast is a touch on the
high side, which I like, and the colors, unlike some higher
contrast color films, are not over-saturated.  I like the 160
speed, and it appears to be very sharp.

I have scanned four of the shots from this roll and uploaded them
to Photopoint.  Understand, please, that these are just snapshots;
there are no TOPE candidates here, and I?m not sure how revealing
these low-res scans may be of this film?s capabilities.  But
anyway, they?re here if anybody wants to take a look:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=135271&a=14055988

Walt Wayman