Re: [OM] VIRUS ALERT

Subject: Re: [OM] VIRUS ALERT
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:35:41 -0800
In a message dated 11/30/01 1:12:09 PM Pacific Standard Time, hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx writes:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@xxxxx
ml

Thanks, Hans,

Like a dummy I had not had a virus protection system running. The offending email came with the name of a person with whom I had done business on eBay. I thought it was okay and downloaded it. When I clicked on the icon it went poof! Sh..! I knew I was had. McAfee found it and deleted it. A cautionary tale. If you aren't running virus protection and a firewall, get one. I apologize for putting list members at risk.

Dave Dougherty

I thought from previous messages that the list itself is protected from viruses and worms. An alternative is a Microsoft free computer, whether Mac or some variety of Unix.

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California