Re: [OM] VIRUS ALERT

Subject: Re: [OM] VIRUS ALERT
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:38:29 EST
In a message dated 11/30/01 1:12:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@xxxxx
> ml

Thanks, Hans,

Like a dummy I had not had a virus protection system running.  The offending
email came with the name of a person with whom I had done business on eBay.
I thought it was okay and downloaded it.  When I clicked on the icon it went
poof!  Sh..! I knew I was had.  McAfee found it and deleted it.

A cautionary tale.  If you aren't running virus protection and a firewall,
get one.  I apologize for putting list members at risk.

Dave Dougherty