Re: [OM] OM Insurance

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Insurance
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:38:09 +1100
>Well, you can get second hand OM's and lenses insured cant you?
>As I live in OZ, the policy's regarding second hand photographic equipment
>may well be different from those in the US.
>Is there anyone that can help me on this? Especially if there are any OZ
>listers on that have some reasonable knowledge about this topic.
>Damon Wood

I have an 'all-risks' attachment to my home contents insurance that covers
my gear and my wife's jewellry, watches, etc. Anything that could be lost
outside the home. I send them a full listing - they tell me how much the
premium will be.
If you don't have home insurance, make up a full list with descriptions,
serial numbers and replacement values (based on ebay prices for obselete
items) and talk to an insurance broker or your car insurer. If you're a
student, talk to your Student Union office or Student Association - they'll
have recommendations.
AndrewF