Re: [OM] Re: om1 came

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: om1 came
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:50:23 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Stephan VAN DEN ZEGEL wrote:

> for the selftimer... the two little holes are used to open the screw...
> (attention the metal is fragile...) by the way it unscrews the wrong way
> round... screwing is unscrewing...

The best way to remove the self timer retaining screw is to use a rubber
stopper or some other suitable rubber tool.  Don't try using a spanner in
the little holes, you'll just end up damaging the trim plate.  Alternatively,
you could try carefully lifting off the trim plate via one of the holes and
then use a spanner on the holes in the screw itself.  I find the rubber stopper
method works better. Don't forget that it's a left hand thread!
                                -mark