Re: [OM] Re: om1 came

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: om1 came
From: "Stephan VAN DEN ZEGEL" <svandenzegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:50:36 +0100
acetic acid is found in drugstores... it is the main component of
traditional stopbath...
don't touch anything near the shutter curtains ... just clean the lens
mount...

for the selftimer... the two little holes are used to open the screw...
(attention the metal is fragile...) by the way it unscrews the wrong way
round... screwing is unscrewing...

 If the prism is oxidised or desilvered then try to find another OM1 body...
there are so many on ebay... and some times they come with good surprise...
(so you will have an old one to play with... screwing and unscrewing...)
I saw some very nice example on european ebays... (german, belgian...
dutch...)

good luck

(for the little XA, I like it very much without the flash... more practical
than the minox GT...)