Re: [OM] Heart Attacks & Paint (was Olympus OM 4T)

Subject: Re: [OM] Heart Attacks & Paint (was Olympus OM 4T)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:19:31 EST
In a message dated 11/28/01 1:01:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
djhalera@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have not been on the list for a while as I suffered a heart attack in
July
>  and only now I am getting back to normal.  I suppose I will never be the
>  same as before.
>snip

Glad you are still with us, Dinkar, and able to enjoy contemplating your
camera's cosmetics.  My Dad had a major heart attack at 50, and plugged on
another 15 years, physically slower but undiminished in spirit.  I've had an
"event" myself, which left me with atrial fib (I think of it as a "lumpy"
cam).  My entire family seems to have heart issues.  Changes one's
perspective, doesn't it?  As Tom said, we all wish you good health.

As to refinishing the titanium top & bottom covers of your OM-4t, I'm sure
any of several firms that specialize in painting/refinishing could do it.  I
don't see why it would have to be a firm specializing in camera work, if you
can remove and re-install the covers yourself.  Titanium is just expensive
steel, from a painter's standpoint, so far as I know.

Might be a market (albeit small) for custom paint jobs, ala M. Sparks
leathers, eh?  From clearcoat to champagne to flames?  Cayman green with
cobra?  Hey, that would match my Ranger!

Happy OM-ing.

Rich