Re: [OM] Advising students

Subject: Re: [OM] Advising students
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:17:49 -0800 (PST)
The FM10 is about as uncomfortable a camera as you're
going to find. To get the meter up you have ot move
the rewind lever out of its starting position, which
is the only way one can trigger the meter or fire the
shutter. To trigger the meter one has to keep their
finger on the shutter lightly depressing the button,
so that any slight movement will accidentally fire the
shutter, and to boot you have the rewind lever poking
you in the eyebrow. Its counter intuitive to the max.
Supposedly the FM2-3 are much better though. Steer
people clear of the FM10 though, they'll thank you for
it.

Its also amazing what they  are selling this thing
for... 279.99! I mean I could get an OM-1, 50/1.8,
135/3.5, and a 28/2.8 for about the same price if I
looked hard enough. There is still a good market for
OM and basic lenses on E-bay so you might want to
mention this in passing, although you are right Nikon
is a better choice for today. Tell them to get an F3
if they can find one. That is the penultimate Nikon
body.

Mark Lloyd