Re: [OM] What do CLAs entail?

Subject: Re: [OM] What do CLAs entail?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:57:58 -0600
Some places sell colored pencils specially made to fill the lettering around the
lenses and speed rings and the like, but I just pick them up at the local art
supply
-- you know, the kind of pencil with the string down the side that you pull and
peel
the cover.  Just rub the pencil across the engraved letters and fill them with
the
colored lacquer, then rub the excess off with a tissue.  If necessary, you may
need
to clean with a tissue dipped in alcohol or perhaps acetone.

I've never found a good way to re-paint the larger lettering (like the "OLYMPUS"
above the prism) -- maybe somebody has found a method to do that....

Our only source for MD caps is by "robbing the dead" -- taking them off dead
(OM)
bodies we find here and there.  After that, the most popular solution (judging
by the
cameras we see) is to cover the hole with vinyl tape.