Re: [OM] What do CLAs entail?

Subject: Re: [OM] What do CLAs entail?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:27:50 -0600
Many (if not most) OM's will need seals, and that should be included in the
charges.  Every operational function should be checked, repaired and adjusted
to work properly -- for example, the self-timer, flash sync, MD operation,
etc., not just the meter and speeds.

The finder and eyepiece should be cleaned, though damage to the screen and/or
is a problem on some cameras, and can be corrected only by replacement.  This
may not be economically feasible on some cameras.  Mirrors should be cleaned,
but only if needed, and previous damage such as scratching can be corrected
only by replacing the mirror, which is usually uncalled for as this will not
affect performance.

Then there's the odd problems such as strap lugs that work loose, bent back
latches, and so on -- these should all be repaired as a matter of course.
And the camera should be thoroughly cleaned -- it may not be new, or look
new, but it should be as clean as possible.