Re: [OM] [OT]Vuescan novice question

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Vuescan novice question
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:08:06 +1100
It does the save automatically after the scan ("output" in the progress bar
at the bottom). Tweaking/cropping is done after preview and before scan. It
assumes, reasonably I think, that if you decide to scan it then you want to
save it! Many people do further tweaking in a Photoshop type program.
Vuescan is notorious for its dreadful user interface but is very good
otherwise. My main problem is forgeting to go to File and change the scan
name each time - thus overwriting the last scan with the next one. No
warning provided!
I did have a problem once where Vuescan scanned but wouldn't save - now
that was frustrating. That nice Mr Hamrick suggested thatI delete the .ini
file from the Vuescan folder and that fixed it fine - obviously I'd made an
adjustment I didn't want. Counter-intuitive for a Mac user - I'd assumed
that I should delete the preferences file from the System folder but, no....
AndrewF