Re: [OM] Zuiko Auto-S 40mm F2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Auto-S 40mm F2
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:46:13 -0800
You dirty dog! When new this lens sold for a modest price. (List price at it's
release was about $140.00 US, street price usually under $100.00) Production
was not real high and the lens has now achived cult status. This lens in good
condition routinly sells for over $400.00 on eBay!!! I don't know what you paid
for it, but I would guess whatwever it was it was a great deal by today's
standards.

Oh how I wish I had bought one whan they were selling for 90 or so dollars new.

Jim Couch

Dave Shupe wrote:

 I recently got a 40mm F2 that I'd never seen before.  This lens is so short
 that the filter actually mounts on the aperture ring.  Anybody know what
 this would be worth?

 Thanks
 > Dave

You could buy a 35mm/F2 for a reasonable price. It has essentially the same field of view and is sharper, easier to handle and the price is not inflated due to rarity. The 40mm price has been driven up, I think, because not many were sold originally because of mediocre reviews in the magazines and demand has risen primarily because people apparently want to complete their OM "collections" or have gotten the idea that it must be one of the great OMs because it is expensive.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California