Re: Was: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses (READ!) Is now: Sync s

Subject: Re: Was: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses (READ!) Is now: Sync speed vs. fastest speed
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:42:07 -0800
You're right, IMO. I've never seen any horizontal shutter rated faster than 1/2000 of the OM-3/4. All the shutters rated higher are vertically travelling metal "blinds" shutters. And they go as high as 1/12,000 on the Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 9! Geez, that sucker must have a tiny slit width!

Skip

Of course, traveling slits distort moving objects. Horizontally moving slits will lengthen horizontally moving objects in one direction and shorten them in the other. That is not too disturbing compared to the twist given to a vertically moving object. I am not sure about vertical shutters. Are they not multiple metal blade mechanisms, not a traveling slit?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California