Re: [OM] Speaking of Holiday Trips - Ansel Adams @ 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of Holiday Trips - Ansel Adams @ 100
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:24:40 -0700
At 08:23 PM 19/11/2001 -0500, Jamie Costello wrote:

[snip]

>Sometimes you see a photographer's work that inspires you to go out a try to
>better him or her.  Sometimes you see another photographer's work and it's so
>good, it makes you want to burn your camera and give up.  The Adams show is
>definitely the latter
>rather than the former.

I think photographers are too hard on themselves some days.  Adams got many of
his images by traveling to places and under conditions which most of us simply
cannot hope to duplicate in any meaningful way.  I too could get some pretty
amazing images if I were willing to hike/climb up the side of a gorgeous hunk
of Precambrian rock in the Canadian Rockies and wait until the full moon
presented itself, but let's be realistic -- I'm unlikely to do this.  I'm just
glad there are those who *are* doing it, and who are showing the results of
their efforts.

Garth