Re: [OM] leonid meteors problem

Subject: Re: [OM] leonid meteors problem
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:41:06 -0800
> I am familiar with the problem, Mike.  I lived in the Pacific Northwest back
> in 1977 (?) when the path of a total eclipse passed between Mount Rainier
> and Mount Saint Helens.  Totally socked in.  We were able to see it via
> Turbo Centurion (an airplane ;-)).  I'm afraid that won't help with meteor
> photography.
>
> Forecast here for Sunday morning is partly cloudy, so we've got a chance.
>
> Gary

We drove over to Goldendale and actually saw the eclipse. I even got
some pictures with my trusty OM1 and 135/3.5 + 2x. And the promising
news this morning is for clearing weather this weekend. Clear weather
during the monsoon!! Now that would be serendipitous. I live in a
rainshadow area so get more than average PacNW clear skies. Things are
looking up.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West