RE: [OM] [OT] And you thought _you_ hated UPS

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] And you thought _you_ hated UPS
From: "Mike Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:03:53 -0600
I had a similar experience - fortunately insured, and finally
collected after some difficulty, but the item was irreplaceable:
it was an Alfa Romeo 5-speed gearbox/limited slip transaxle and
was in a wooden crate!  They managed to drop something on top
of it, and push the top plywood in far enough that it cracked
and the blow to the casing on the transaxle cracked it (aluminum!).
I should have shipped via another carrier, but it was 149lbs,
just under UPS limits, and significantly less than others in
price.  But, you get what you pay for.  Always, always, always
buy replacement cost insurance from UPS if you use them.

Mike