e: [OM] RE Star Party - Leonid meteors.

Subject: e: [OM] RE Star Party - Leonid meteors.
From: "Thomas A Simmons" <tasimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:18:46 -0700
Cc: chris@xxxxxxxxx

 Hi Chris,

   If you go out at 2AM your time, the point that the Meteors appear
to originate from will be about 25 degrees high, and this point rises 15
degrees/hour. Imagine, if you will, that this point in space is like
looking out your car winshield as you drive into snow. The most apparent
movement is seen if you were to look out the side window

   To help you out a bit, there are several free "what the sky looks like"
programs, such as

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/

or you can go to "weatherundground" at

http://www.wunderground.com/forecasts/TUS.html

and change it to your local. Notice on the right an astronomy link, and
then lower on the left side you can input time and date. This meteor shower
is named after the constellation the radiant is in, Leo.