Re: [OM] Zuikoholism in remission

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikoholism in remission
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:58:23 -0500
I saw Tom?s "wish list" last night and at first thought this might
be an opportunity to make a deal.  I have several of the things
he?s looking for.

But the T-28 twin flash is off limits.  I use it all the time
since macro photography is one of my principal interests.

I?ve got two T-45 flashes (I really don?t know why; I just do), so
here was a potential trade.  But then I couldn?t think of anything
of equal value I wanted more than having a second T-45, so that
was eliminated.

I?ve got a 500/8, which I probably don?t use more than once or
twice a year, but again, I couldn?t think of anything of equal
value I?d rather have.

Then I considered the worth of the 500/8 and a T-45 combined, and
still I couldn?t think of anything I might get for the pair from a
reasonable Zuikoholic that I wanted more.

This bothered me for a while and had me confused, but now I?m
starting to think I may be on the road to recovery.  Could it be
that I?ve got as much Olympus stuff as I want?  Well, no, of
course not.  I would love to have the 180/2 or the 350/2.8, but
once the novelty wore off, I would probably use them far less than
the much more portable 180/2.8 and 300/4.5, which I always take
along when photography is intended.  But I may have as much stuff
as I need to keep me from checking the evilBay every few hours.

Or is this just a temporary delusion?

Walt Wayman