Re: [OM] Power and the 4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Power and the 4T
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 13:53:43 -0800 (PST)
The 4 series relies on the batteries much more than a
2 series I think and therefore it dies faster in the
cold becuase more things are drawing off power. The 2
series is a better camera for freezing and worse cold,
of course neither compare to the 1 or 3-series which
is the king of cold with the mechanical shutter. You
might want new batteries though; old ones can lose
power really quickly especially if they are lr44
alkaline and not sr44 or 357 silver oxide. If you
really want to take pictures in prolonged cold the 4
isn't going to work I'm afraid, you might want to get
a 1(n) or 3(ti) and a good handheld meter that you can
keep warm. Or keep the 4 in your jacket for warmth
although this can be bad for lenses due to
condensation and quick changes in temp.

Mark Lloyd