RE: [OM] Postal Radiation

Subject: RE: [OM] Postal Radiation
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:36:05 +0000
Please forgive me a little preaching; I have thought about this and it has to be said...

"Smart bombs", like computers, will only do as they are told by their (generally) imperfect operators. I have seen the results of imperfect operators' work - it is just as devastating as those who did their jobs properly, or who were luckier than their colleagues in the other aircraft. And this assumes that the intelligence troops and the target pickers were doing their jobs properly!

"Bureaucrats" like any other functionary, will only do as they are told by their policy-makers. I would venture to suggest, that since it is the postal workers who are in the front line at home, as it were, that you offer them advice on how to satisfy their customers without risking their lives or those of other customers.

I think that you will find such advice difficult to formulate - and I write from the relative safety of the other side of the pond ...

Chris