Re: [OM] dust in the lens

Subject: Re: [OM] dust in the lens
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:31:31 -0600
Actually, very few lenses are "sealed" -- there's lots of openings for external
debris to gain entry between groups.  And even for those elements that are
"ganged" into self-contained groups that _are_ more or less "sealed", there's
often anti-reflecting paint here and there that can flake off between elements.

All in all, though, there's got to be alot of "stuff" there to affect your
images.  Just be wary of fungus -- it sometimes seems to grow around debris on
the elements.