Re: [OM] Fwd: OT - Brit users beware PayPal "membership"

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: OT - Brit users beware PayPal "membership"
From: Chris Linek <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:17:25 +1000
Not only Brit users.

I'm going to remove all reference to accepting payment by PayPal off my site/future auctions tomorrow morning.

Just because I'm a business they're charging me 2.9 per transaction, which stinks, since my own bank only charges me 2 0.000000or CC facilities. Basically I'm losing too much on every sale via paypal, and my margins are too low to accommodate it, so it's bye bye PayPal.

I've also noticed that they have their own exchange rates too, usually in their own favour, naturally.

Cheers

Chris Linek
The Snappy Australian
http://www.SnappyAustralian.com