Re: [OM] Hint and Tip #3743

Subject: Re: [OM] Hint and Tip #3743
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:18:23 +1100
>To keep things compact when out & about, glue 2 rear lens caps back to back.
>I find it makes changing lenses easier as well, works best with short
>primes.  Probably doesn't work with a 180/2 & 400/6.3 combination ;) Not
>that I'll ever know....
>
>Andy Gilbert
>Exeter
>Devon
>England

DIY version of an old Leica idea. Then there's the Leica accessory which
allows you to mount one or two lenses on to a bracket on the bottom of the
body - no heavier than a winder if you're using compact lenses! Make one by
fastening a couple of old Tamron/Oly deep caps to a flash bracket? :)
Or the instant monopod - drill a hole through a tripod screw and put a
split ring through it. Hang a piece of tough string or light chain on it.
Screw into base of camera, stand on the string and pull up against it -
worth two stops and super compact!
AndrewF