Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:54:19 +1300
Hi Richard and all,

I take back any adverse implications to Richard of my comments - for a hand-
held shot that is very good indeed.

All Shaw's images are tripod work. Especially for a book.

Rather than scan his shots it would be better to look at the book.

I just checked http://www.abebooks.com and there are 8 copies available
right now - 2 at a reasonable price. A while back I bought a 2nd hand copy
for about $US10 as a gift for a friend and it was in top condition.

Larry wrote   "From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro

>Can't really judge the lens from a scan. There are also factors of lighting,
>photographer's use, and ability, and molecular shake compared to another
>shot. The 90mm is a phenomenal lens, and Shaw's photos would bear that
>out as well if he'd have used that lens. There are even a couple other 90mm
>lenses for only 10 or 200f the zuiko's cost that would yield equal quality
>images as the zuiko. But, if your heart is set on the Zuiko, and money
>comes too easy, it's still better to buy used, not new. Big savings. Larry"

I'm looking at a new one because used they are so rare - I missed one
locally at $US500 a few weeks back; and no, money doesn't come that easy
- I will have to sell 3 choice items to raise the necessary, and I'm on a
pretty
much fixed income.  Care to name the excellent alternatives?

Brian Swale